1. I will try to write AT LEAST one short story per month.
2. I'll try to up the quality, but, as a reminder, I only do minimal editing after the story is finished. Reasons being that these short stories are my way of practicing writing quickly and concisely. To let myself think "I can just edit it later" will work against my mind and worse quality stories will likely show up as a result.
3. HOWEVER, after some time has gone by, I MAY edit them all at once, in part to secure consistency through the stories, as well as to fix typos that I didn't notice before, grammatical errors that may be present, and to update the quality for long term reasons. But the short term is still to practice writing and have fun with it. The long term is to have it more serious, as for this reason....
4. ALL STORIES WILL EVENTUALLY CONNECT. You can speculate all you want, but with all your speculating, there may be several surprising connections. Though, with that said, there will also likely be some that are obvious or hypothesized. One person has already made a very good hypothesis, though I won't say who or what.
5. I need more words. Though I can come up with three random words on my own for the stories, I prefer having words given by other people, as it adds randomness to it, as well as a sense of a bigger challenge to write something that may or may not have been expected possible out of the given words.
6. As far as rules for the words given, the same rules still apply. "Three words". an example of why the quotations are used is used, is that this would be acceptable:
"word" 1. Diabolic Shenanigans.
"word" 2. Giant shape shifters from Mars.
"word" 3. Pineapple juice.
7. Note, anything given is used to inspire the story, and will show up in some way or form. This does not mean that every word will be used directly. Sometimes, a word or phrase or subject given will be used metaphorically, or referenced to. Such as the case of "Diabolic Shenanigans" being placed into a story may be referred to only as a shenanigan in the story that takes place, but the words "Diabolic Shenanigans" may not actually be used. In the same way, "Pineapple juice" may not be stated into a story, as it may end up being "Adam drank some fruit juice before speaking again." And so on.
8. I have gone through each of the stories, and in the descriptions, have linked to stories that come before and after the current story being looked at. Now, this update in the description only applies to known connections. I will update as the seemingly individual story lines begin to connect more directly. As an example, Short Story #4: Table Tirades, will eventually connect to Short Story #8: A Mushroom by any other Name. You can speculate how these stories may connect, you may end up being right, or wrong, only time will tell.
I think that's about it. Figured I should make an official update to current progress with Short Stories as I hadn't done so for awhile due to being on hiatus from them for so long.
Anyway, leave words in the comments to inspire more stories, and check out the descriptions of the already made stories to see a little more clearly which ones are connected so far.
If you have theories about how stories will connect, you can leave those in the comments as well. (Though I won't confirm nor deny if your theory is correct, I would like to still see your theories, because I'm sure some of you may have some pretty awesome theories that would make sense and may be even better than what I currently have in mind.)
Anyway, all that said, I suppose I'll finish with this:
Live life the fullest, no matter how difficult it is. I know first hand how difficult it can be. I personally am having a major issue with doing so, but I'm trying, and I implore you all to do the same, because it is worth it. The changes in the lives around us we will make, could one day change the world for better. One day, these short stories will connect in such a way to show what I mean by that. To show the whole Chain Reaction or Butterfly Effect of an action taken now that will ripple through time to make a huge change later. But, until I can show that in story form, I will simply encourage you all to live life, and try to keep being yourself, knowing that what you do will affect other's lives, just by living your life. And that can make all the difference in the world.
See you all later. And take care.
-Brandon M. Bird.-